Friday, July 11, 2014

Beautiful

I just married the love of my life last week, now spending time in Italy. Sometimes you have to push things aside to make the more important things in life come to fruition. When things begin to come together the way that you planned, you really set your sights on the end result. It was a perfect wedding and we're having a perfect honeymoon. Sitting on a balcony in Villa on an island in the Northern Italian Alps, I couldn't ask for anything more, nor could my wife. Such a beautiful place, we've been here before, and knew that this was one of the most picturesque and perfect destination for our honeymoon.
As I am blogging this, I am reminded of some of my past posts about my book and my radio show. I did promise to bring the show back on the air sometime ago, and I realize that has not happened. I have no excuse for it except to say that sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes there are things that are more important than hobbies and passions. When you travel to another country with different cultures, you begin to see the uniqueness in your own, something that you probably take for granted , only because of routine. It made me reflect on what I do on a daily basis, and some of the things that I have missed out on, opportunities and chances, but I do not feel like I've been cheated, rather, I'm trying to make a life and a living for myself and of course my wife. Hobbies and passions will always be there, it's making the time for them, to fit your life, so that you'll be comfortable.

The radio show will come back and the book will be written. In fact, the book is pretty much ready to be released. I've gone through it over and over again, & I keep making changes to make it perfect , well, at least in my mind. Perfection might not necessarily be something that I follow, but in this case, this will be permanent, so I want it to be as good as possible. The radio show, I'm still thinking about content, I know other people do radio shows with consistency and have been able to do so for some time, but uniqueness is something that I've always strived for in order to convey my own thoughts and opinions rather than a cookie-cutter format.

I've never felt more enthusiastic and enthralled about starting a new life with my new wife and getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment