Monday, July 20, 2009

Why do I believe?

Had a short and somewhat cold conversation with an individual a few hours ago who reminded me that when he came across my blog he felt that I was going to be looking the devil in the eye and walking down a path of destruction -  for that nobody would believe and take seriously the “folklore” and rantings of those who claim that a “being” exists among us that we cannot explain.

Logic speaks volumes. And people forget about logic to the point that “narrow” conclusions are drawn in cases where they should not be.

I make reference to my vocalization experience. I heard a sound – and I did not know what it was.

Think about my last sentence. Seriously. I will repeat it. Put yourself in my shoes, close your eyes and think. “I heard a sound and I did not know what it was”. Now, think about it happening to you.

In no way did I say “Sasquatch”. No, of course not. It did not even register at the time, but you see, the sensitivity of the actual event “as it occurred” startled the $#!**” out of me. I was terrified and I made it top priority to break down camp and leave the area. The memories were etched in my brain and soon thereafter I found myself on a mission.

When I finally felt that I had associated the sounds that I heard to sounds that I found on the net and finding out that they were related to Sasquatch, I certainly did not become too enamored with the fact that I had a new responsibility to deal with. Ridicule, people thinking I was nuts. Think what you want, I know what I heard and I knew that I was in this for the long run, but wait just a moment - those bone chilling sounds I heard did remind me of my encounter but I certainly did not draw a conclusion as to what it was, I only accepted the information presented as a possibility. 

Honestly, I still haven’t come to a solid conclusion and I am not sure if I will. Let alone my own experience, how can I review and disseminate others who offer data if we have no real baseline? What are you looking for? How did sasquatch come to mind? You see, at the time, it did not and that’s the point that I am trying to get across.

Like I said, I didn’t know what it was at the time. And I wanted to. I’ve been in those woods before and they owed me an explanation. Big time. So, I looked for it.

And so let me close this post of mine by saying…if you were in the middle of nowhere and your heard a scream –and you did not know what it was…You never heard anything like it before. You rationalize, but it just doesn’t work.

One sentence keeps playing itself over and over in your head.

“What was it?”

Logic always ends up ruling in situations where nature cannot speak for itself. My logic points me in the direction of another being existing among us. I’m not fully convinced, but then again, I heard those sounds. They still haunt me to this day. I looked for them. I listened to them, I listened again and again. It’s the closest thing that I could find and people call it a Sasquatch.

(Author’s side note: – The Michigan Recording Project website was recently released to the general public. Plug in your headphones and go have a look and a listen. Fascinating)

No comments:

Post a Comment