Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Left Sour

I renewed my XM radio a few weeks ago, having come across a great deal which I felt comfortable with. For those who don't know, XM is NOT totally commercial free as you would expect. No, for those who like the news and talk content, you are getting commercials. And some of them are really stupid. Let alone the fact that in many cases they don't even apply to Canadian subscribers.

If you just listen to music, commercials are not a real problem. They have a bit of DJ chat every now and again but not that often.

So I was in the mood for some tunes and I was scrolling through the channels to hear the end of a sentence "never never never getting back together". I paused to listen, to hear the same thing sung over and over again. "We are never never never getting back together". Taylor Swift. And I thought garbage was meant to be placed in bags and left at the curb. Well somehow they managed to transmit it through the radio.

How the heck can an artist be happy something like this ? Does it really boil down to having teen fans who don't care as much for the artistic qualities that some artists really try to promote? In this case, I think not. It's just a driving beat. You could probably play it for a whole day and the kids wont get tired of the repetitive dribble.
Scratch that song and station off my list.

So the last post was May. Long time eh? Lot's of stuff has happened, I've posted some info on the past few SS radio episodes; wanting to keep this a short post while I create the next post explaining some of the stuff I have brought up, be sure to keep an eye out.
Cheers,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment