Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The hunted

The more I think about bigfoot and how elusive it is (much like my recent blogging - or lack thereof), the more I think about how intelligent it may be - more than we probably know.
I've been able to spend a lot of time reflecting on past experiences, not only that of which I have gone through, but those of others who have relayed their stories of a creature that they have - for lack of a betetr explanation - experienced.
As I sat on the train travelling through the Italian and Swiss Alps, I thought about that day when I heard the scream - a vocalization so powerful it stopped me dead in my tracks. And it was close - very close. I didn't see  the beast but I knew it was there. I knew it saw me. I knew it was warning me. I knew....well.....I knew that right at that moment, I was vulnerable.
A master of disguise and perhaps deception, for I never saw or heard anything before hand. No, I was carrying on, minding my own business - all the time something was working around me. Moving - observing - perhaps conspiring to commit an act that may have seen me respond with defensive aggression. I don't know - but I can tell you one thing - you are just as easily deemed "the hunted" as the beast you set out to search for to begin with.
No, I wasn't looking for Bigfoot at the time. Far from it. I was simply washing my dishes in the lake when I heard the scream. I did not know what I was hearing - but it was very real and very intimidating. My curiosity got the better of me and had led me on a path of discovery. A path that would eventually lead me to the concept of bigfoot.
It seems that the more I look for it, the more elusive it becomes. Just when you think you've stumbled onto something, there's another curve to bend around. It makes the hunt ever more enticing and I will never give up until the the mystery is clearly and open & shut case.
The hunt is on....

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog,fascinating reading my friend. Yes,indeed we are many times the hunted instead of the hunter. We must realize that we are in this creatures habitat,as foreign to us as it would be to have a sasquatch in our homes. He knows every trick of the forest,how to mask his sound,move with supreme stealth and he has honed the skills that man has long forgotten with the advance of technology that has made us a lazy,totally unskilled being when it comes to matching wits with those creatures who reside full-time in the woods and forests of this world. We must remember,if we are seeing or hearing sasquatch then he has probably saw or heard us long before we did the same. As some say,many times they choose to let us see or hear them but on occasion we can surprise them and those are the moments that we researchers live for. Great blog Jason,keep up the good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete